Chocolate Chip Muffin

Chocolate Chip Muffin

Chocolate Chip Muffin

When I was a little younger (ok quite a lot😊) and working in the hotel industry in Hong Kong, I would always go to Pacific Coffee to get my favorite skimmed milk latté and a delicious muffin. Sometimes I would meet my friends there or my mom would come into town to meet me for coffee. I have such wonderful memories of this time. Have you ever found that certain foods can bring you back in time? Well.. when I tasted these muffins, I was transported back to Pacific coffee. 

I tried this combination of ingredients last week for the first time and loved the result. I did not actually have any chocolate chips in my house but I did have a huge bar of chocolate and I set my kids to work with a mortar and pestle. It doesn’t really matter if you use actual chips or just pieces of any chocolate you like. I used milk chocolate for this recipe. Hope you love these muffins as much as I do!



Ingredients



·         4 cups (550 gr) all purpose flour

·         1 cup (200 gr)  granulated sugar

·         4 tsp baking powder

·         1 tsp salt

·         1 & 1/2 cups chocolate chips

·         4 eggs

·         1 cup ( 250 ml) milk

·         1/2 cup vegetable oil

·         4 tbsp melted unsalted butter, cooled for 5 minutes

·         2 tsp vanilla extract

Instructions

1.      In a mixing bowl combine the flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, salt, and 1 cup chocolate chips. Stir together and set aside. The other 1/2 cup of chocolate chips will be used for the tops of the muffins. 

2.      Preheat the oven to 425ºF(or 200 ºC) . In a large mixing bowl combine the eggs, milk, vegetable oil, cooled melted butter, and vanilla extract. Combine using a whisk. Gently pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and stir by hand with a spatula just until the batter is combined. Cover the bowl with a towel and allow it to rest for 15 minutes.

3.      Line a muffin pan with 12 paper liners. After the 15 minute rest, use a large cookie scoop to fill the muffin cups completely full. Fill them with as much batter as each cup can possibly hold. Add the additional 1/2 cup of chocolate chips to the tops of the muffins. Then sprinkle generously with sanding sugar. 

4.      Bake at 425ºF (or 200 ºC) for 7 minutes, then keeping the oven door closed, turn the temperature down to 350ºF (180ºC) and bake for 14-16 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow the muffins to cool in the pan for 10 minutes before moving them to a cooling rack.

 


Note: if you are a fan of blueberry muffins or raspberries, you could easily replace the chocolate chips😊 

Let me know in the comments whether you like the recipe. You can  also follow us on Instagram and Pinterest 

 

Love,

Caroline

Comments

  1. They look delicious! And the fact that they bring you back to Pacific Coffee in HK is a must try for me!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment