Vegan Pesto

Vegan Pesto! 

This is my go to recipe when I want a delicious and quick dinner. I make pasta pesto and add a tomato 🥗 salad! I remember my mom teaching me how to make this pesto years ago and its been a favorite ever since.

ps. If you would like to know more about the origins of pesto, click here.




Ingredients:

1/2 cup toasted pine nuts or pepitas
1 small garlic clove
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
2 cups basil leaves
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, more for a smoother pesto

Add the garlic, basil, salt and pine nuts in your food processor- while the food processor is running, drizzle in the olive oil and pulse until combined.
Toss it with cooked pasta for your pasta pesto! 

You can also drizzle onto salads or pizza...
Store any leftover pesto in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days. For longer storage, freeze the pesto in ice cube trays. Then, transfer the pesto cubes to an airtight container or freezer bag and freeze for up to 2 months.



Enjoy! Love, Caroline

ps. Let me know what you think of the recipe, and tag us on Instagram if you make it! 💖

Comments