Healthy and Delicious Frozen Yoghurt (Mango/Blueberry flavor)

Healthy and Delicious Frozen Yoghurt 

When I was growing up we always had desserts after dinner - ranging from my mom's tutti-frutti (a vast assortment of yummy fruits), yoghurt with orange juice, Coffee Custard (have to share the recipe soon, its amazing) and so many other original desserts. I now have three sons of my own, and though I always want to offer a yummy dessert we usually just put our bowl of fruit on the table  and everyone eats fruit. 
This month I decided to have a healthy month, and try and find healthy substitutes for all the delicious sugar-filled desserts I love and make a habit of serving dessert.

First up: a healthy frozen yoghurt, and I am so happy with the result! Kids loved it, and so did I.




Ingredients

3 mangos (minimum 4 cups of fruit)
handful of blueberries
1/2 cup or 150 gr Greek yoghurt (I used a fat-free version for this recipe however the more fat, the creamier the frozen yoghurt)



First cut your mango into bitesize pieces, and add the blueberries and freeze for a few hours.

When you are ready to eat your frozen yoghurt, all you should do is combine the frozen fruit, Greek yogurt and process the mixture until it is creamy, about 5 minutes. You could add honey/maple syrup and/or some vanilla extract if you want to make it sweeter. 

You can keep the frozen yoghurt for a month in the refrigerator.

Kids approved! ENJOY!

Caroline


Comments

  1. Sounds delightful!! These are both my favorite fruits (plus peaches) so definitely on my “to make” list! ❤️

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment