Lemonade a la Hollandia

Lemonade a la Hollandia



As all of you must know, the Netherlands are playing the Czech Republic tomorrow in the Eurocup. This is why I chose to make an flavored lemonade today. Why orange? 

The lineage began with the famous William of Orange, who was crowned Prince of Orange in 1544. With his leadership, the colour orange became a symbol of the Dutch Royal family. Currently the Prince of Orange is King Willem-Alexander, becoming the Netherlands' first male ruler since 1890. His eldest daughter, Catharina-Amalia, is heiress apparent to the throne, became Princess of Orange in her own right. I am a big fan of the royal family! 

When the Dutch national football team plays a European or World Cup tournament, entire streets are decorated with our national and orange flags. Many supporters wear orange shirts on match days, and the whole country is mesmerized and united behind the national team. The “Orange Fever” can reach great heights, and I for one will be sitting in front of the TV tomorrow shouting for my team.

I hope you all support us tomorrow and watch the game! 

Recipe

I made this lemonade by combining the juice of half a lemon, one orange, 1 tablespoon of honey and added soda water. This is so refreshing and I hope you like it as much as I do. 

Hup Holland! Love, Caroline

Comments