FUKUBURGER (Japanese hamburger)



A couple of years ago my sister Anna sent me the best hamburger recipe EVER! The recipe was created by the famous American burger restaurant Fukuburger (fukuburger.com). She somehow magically and miraculously got a hold of this recipe online. Truly the best discovery! And nothing makes my boys (including hubby) happier than when I announce that I'm making Japanese burgers for dinner. It pretty much means party time. 🎉 I've also served this dish to many friends and family members and every single one of them devoured their burgers. So A+ for my cooking skills! 👏😁

As for sides, I usually buy frozen French fries that you bake in the oven. I've convinced myself that since they're baked in the oven they're less unhealthy than the ones you deep fry in oil. 👍😄 

Our family's preferred additional toppings are: sliced tomato, iceberg lettuce, caramelized red onion and various condiments, such as wasabi mayo (see ingredients below), ketchup, spicy mustard, sweet and sour mustard and BBQ sauce.

Enjoy! 💗Helena

IMPORTANT NOTE: My photo skills do not do justice to this recipe. All I can say is do not judge a book by its cover! 😜

Ingredients (per meat patty):

  • 170 grams ground beef per person (warning: big burger!)
  • 1 teaspoon mirin
  • 1 teaspoon sake
  • 1 teaspoon Kikkoman soy sauce
  • 1 teaspoon sugar
  • ½ teaspoon sesame oil
  • ½ teaspoon yuzu (or lemon juice)
  • ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
  • ¼ teaspoon onion powder
  • ¼ teaspoon black pepper 



Wasabi Mayo:
  • 1 cup mayonnaise
  • 1 tablespoon Kikkoman soy sauce
  • ½ tablespoon wasabi powder (or paste)

Directions:
  1. Mix all the beef patty ingredients together. 






  2. Make beef patties. 


  3. Fry the beef patties in butter and/or olive oil. High heat about 2.5 minutes on each side. Then about 4 minutes on low heat with a lid. 




  4. Ready to serve on a bun with lots of condiments and French fries on the side. 




Comments