BAKED POTATO


I came across this baked potato recipe a few months back as I was watching America's Test Kitchen videos (my favourite cooking show). It reminded me of this sandwich shop called Oliver's Super Sandwich I used to go to in Hong Kong when I was a kid. They used to sell these yummy baked potatoes where you could choose your filling. They were sooo good! Great memories from my beloved Hong Kong. 🇭🇰 ❤️ 

Baking potatoes is so simple and they are a perfect, delicious lunch meal. All you need to do is find some large potatoes in the supermarket. Russet potatoes are the classic choice as they are high in starch and low in moisture, which makes them nice and fluffy after baking. Their thick skin crisps up well, too. Choose potatoes around the same size so they're all done at the same time.

Enjoy! 💗Helena

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vr-o01qiRYI

INGREDIENTS:

  • 2-4 potatoes
  • ½ cup of water
  • 2 tablespoons salt
  • Vegetable oil 

DIRECTIONS:

  1. Poke 6 holes with a fork (2 on every side) in each potato. 

  2. Mix the salt with the water. 


  3. Brine potatoes by quickly dipping them and covering them with the salt water. 


  4. Transfer to wire rack. 

  5. Place in oven at 230°C until they register at 96°C inside temperature. I use the convection function. Should take approximately 75-90 minutes. 

  6. Take out and brush potatoes with vegetable oil. 


  7. Return to oven for another 10 min.
  8. Take out and cut open immediately to let the steam out. 



  9. Ready to eat with your favourite filling (salted butter, sour cream with chives, goat cheese, etc.). I used the Green Goddess salad dressing this time and it was a great combination. 




Comments