ARUGULA CHIMICHURRI


Yesterday I was craving a big, juicy steak (because I'm a huge, unapologetic carnivore). 🥩🥩🥩 As I arrived home from the butcher, I wondered what to serve as a side. Since we're in the middle of an amazing, hot summer here in Portugal, I didn't want to serve any heavy carbs. Then I suddenly remembered my favourite steak condiment sauce that I was introduced to when I lived in South America: Chimichurri!

I had never made it myself before. I started looking for recipes online and found this non-traditional version with arugula that looked really delicious. It's vegan Caroline! 😁

Chimichurri is a popular condiment usually for grilled meats in Argentina and Uruguay. The typical ingredients are finely chopped parsley, minced garlic, olive oil, oregano and red wine vinegar. It also goes well with roasted sausages, poultry or fish.

Source: https://thevirtualcaterer.com/arugula-chimichurri-sauce-whole30-paleo-vegan/

Enjoy! 💗Helena


INGREDIENTS:

  • 1 cup fresh arugula
  • 1 cup fresh spinach
  • ⅓ cup almonds
  • ½ cup fresh basil, or herb of choice
  • ¼ cup fresh chives, chopped, or herb of choice
  • ¼ cup fresh green onion, chopped
  • 1 clove garlic
  • ½ teaspoon chili flakes
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
  • ½-¾ cup olive oil to taste or desired consistency 



DIRECTIONS:
  1. Add all ingredients except vinegar and oil to food processor. Pulse a few times until combined and chunky. Scape down the sides as needed to fully incorporate all the ingredients. 




  2. Add red wine vinegar and ½ cup extra virgin olive oil and blend until a chunky, thin paste forms. Scrape down the sides as needed. Add more olive oil if you want a thinner consistency. 




  3. Cover and store in the refrigerator for up to 7 days. Freeze for up to 6 months. Defrost before use. 



Comments